BARBECUED VENISON RIBS
- Beef broth sufficient to cove ribs in a marinade over night
- 1 cup Currant or plum jelly or jam
- 1/2 cup Brown sugar
- 1 Onion, finely diced
- 1/8 teasppoon cloves
- 1/2 teasppoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teasppoon garlic powder
- 2 Tablespoons vinegar
- 6 lb Venison ribs with some loin meat attached
- Freshly ground black pepper & salt to taste
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Combine broth with all ingredients except the ribs in a large bowl. Blend well. Sprinkle ribs with pepper and salt. Place in 5 qt. roasting pan in a double layer. Roast 1 hour. Pour sauce over ribs. Increase heat to 350 degrees and bake until ribs just begin to char on top, about 1 1/2 hours. Turn ribs over cover pan and bake about 30 minutes longer, until ribs are tender and sauce is thick. To serve, place ribs on serving platter. Pour sauce over ribs. Makes about 6 servings.
Note: If venison is a little gamey tasting, increase vinegar in sauce to 3 Tablespoons Taste sauce after mixing and add additional brown sugar to taste, about 1/2 cup.