- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6 burgers
- Preparation Time:
- 2lbs ground beef
- 12 slices bacon (cooked)
- 12 slices sharp cheddar cheese
- Barbeque sauce (to serve)
- 1 Vidalia onion (sliced into rings)
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- ¾ teaspoon cayenne pepper (or less)
- 1 cup butter milk
- 6 hamburger buns
- Oil (for frying)
- To make onion rings- In a pie plate or shallow bowl combine flour, salt, pepper, and cayenne. Dredge onion rings in the flour mixture until evenly coated. In another bowl add butter milk and season it with a little salt and pepper. Dip floured onion rings into the buttermilk and then coat with the flour mixture again. Add oil to a deep pan, just enough to cover the onion rings (or you can use a deep fryer for this). Heat oil to 360 degrees and fry onion rings in batches until golden brown on both sides (about 4 minutes). Drain on paper towels. Set aside.
- Shape ground beef into 6 patties. Season with salt and pepper to your taste. Fry in the pan with a little bit of oil (or on the grill). Cook until burgers are fully cooked or not longer pink inside. In the last couple minutes of cooking, top each burger with 2 slices of cheese, wait until cheese has melted and remove from the pan.
- To assemble burgers – Place a patty on the bottom half of a bun. Top with onion rings; add barbeque sauce and 2 bacon slices to each burger. Add the top half of the bun.
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2014
The Lizz Delicious Cookbook Vol. 1See More
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcake with Browned Butter Butter Cream Frosting
Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble
Mrs. Jackson’s Grits – “Selma”See More