- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- One premade pizza dough (or your own!)
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 1 bag shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- Your favorite barbeque sauce (we like Sweet Baby Ray's!)
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Olive Oil
- Prep your ingredients:
- Preheat oven according to dough instructions. Stretch dough onto a pizza pan, brush very lighlty with olive oil and set aside.
- Heat a bit of oil in a saute pan.
- Slice chicken into bite sized pieces and brown on all sides. Remove from heat, drain oil from pan.
- Pour enough barbeque sauce to coat chicken (about 1/2 cup) and toss. Set aside.
- Heat a little oil in a pan and cook onions until translucent.
- Add about 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar and cook until reduced.
- Onions should be dark and sticky.
- Assemble pizza:
- Spread sauce onto dough, leaving an inch around for crust. sprinkle with mozzarella.
- Arrange chicken and onions over dough.
- Sprinkle with goat cheese, salt and pepper.
- Bake according to dough instructions (or about 15 minutes at 425 degrees).
NotesThis pizza is a family favorite! We made it differently for ages, but one day my husband discovered the addition that made this pizza perfection! While sauteeing our last bit of onion, he accidentally poured vinegar instead of oil into the pan! We decided to go with it, and the resulting flavor really makes this pizza come together.