- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 8 (6-ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 (8-ounce) package cheddar cheese, cut into (1x1x1/2-inch) slices
- 16 (about 3/4 pound) slices bacon
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- Heat one side of gas grill on medium or charcoal grill until coals are ash white. Place coals to one side in charcoal grill. Make aluminum foil drip pan; place opposite hot coals.
- Make slit in each chicken breast half to form pocket. Place 1 slice cheese in each pocket. Roll each chicken breast into bundle; wrap crisscross with 2 slices bacon. Secure bacon with toothpicks.
- Place bundles on grill over drip pan. Grill, turning every 15 minutes and brushing with barbecue sauce during last 10 minutes, until chicken is no longer pink (30 to 40 minutes). (If crisp bacon is desired, place bundles over direct heat, turning 2 to 3 times, during last 10 minutes.)