- Cooking Time: 30–45
- Servings: 10–12
- Preparation Time: 10
- 2 cups barley
- 1 quart vegetable stock
- 1 lb fresh baby spinach leaves
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 lbs fresh button mushrooms, quartered
- 1 tbsp garlic, chopped
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- Salt and pepper
- Place barley in saucepan and cover with vegetable stock.
- Bring to a boil for 25–30 minutes until barley gets soft.
- Drain and rinse barley in cold water and reserve in large bowl.
- Cover barley in bowl with the fresh spinach leaves.
- Heat sauté pan with the olive oil in it.
- As oil begins to smoke, put in the quartered mushrooms and garlic.
- Sauté at high heat until mushrooms sear slightly.
- As mushrooms begin to brown, add the halved cherry tomatoes.
- Let this mixture cook 7–12 minutes depending on how soft you want the tomatoes.
- When tomatoes are done, pour the entire mixture over the barley and spinach leaves and toss.
- The hot oil will wilt the spinach.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve as side salad.
Screen-to-Table Cookbook: Food in Film
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for Breakfast
The Help Cookbook: Food and FriendshipSee More
Susan's Spicy Mac And Cheese Ala Karl: Desperate Housewives
Soggy Saturday Wings by C.C. Chapman
Recipe in a Jar by Kodak Easy ShareSee More