- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup barley (if pot barley, add more time and water)
- 3 cups water
- 8-15 oz mushrooms (bella/cremini the best, but white will work)
- 1-2 large onions, quartered and sliced
- oil (I used grapeseed, but olive will work too)
- Dill (fresh or dried), to taste
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1. Heat water to a simmer and add barely. Cook for 35-55 minutes until water is absorbed and at a texture that you like - add more water if necessary.
- 2. In larger pan, heat oil and saute onions until golden brown. Add mushrooms and cook until juice is released.
- 3. I mixed the cooked barely to the mushroom mixture and seasoned there, but you can also put the barely in a serving bowl and top with the mushroom mixture and then top with dill/salt/pepper.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Taste of CenturyLink
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy Bites
The Cookbook to Defy Disease and Decay - Your Prescription to an Anti-Inflammatory LifeSee More
Honey Cake (mézeskalács) As My Mother Makes
Delicious, flaky, lard-free pie crustSee More