- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup barley (if pot barley, add more time and water)
- 3 cups water
- 8-15 oz mushrooms (bella/cremini the best, but white will work)
- 1-2 large onions, quartered and sliced
- oil (I used grapeseed, but olive will work too)
- Dill (fresh or dried), to taste
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1. Heat water to a simmer and add barely. Cook for 35-55 minutes until water is absorbed and at a texture that you like - add more water if necessary.
- 2. In larger pan, heat oil and saute onions until golden brown. Add mushrooms and cook until juice is released.
- 3. I mixed the cooked barely to the mushroom mixture and seasoned there, but you can also put the barely in a serving bowl and top with the mushroom mixture and then top with dill/salt/pepper.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Best of Brock: Celebrating 85 Years of Cooking
Short & Sweet
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skinSee More
Cashew Macadamia Crunch
IRISH CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM
Unstuffed CabbageSee More