- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 Rhodes Rolls, thawed but still cold
- 3 currants
- 1 egg, beaten
- For the body of the bat, press one roll into a teardrop shape. Cut a small triangle out of the rounded bottom to give the impression of legs.
- Press 2 rolls into 2 triangles for the wings. Cut 3 scallops out of the bottom of each wing with a knife or scissors. Place the wings and body on a sprayed baking sheet. Make 3 deep slashes in each wing. Pinch top point on each wing together.
- With 2 scallop pieces, form 2 feet by slashing deeply into each piece twice. Place under legs of bat.
- Using about 2/3 of another roll, form a smaller teardrop shape for the head. Slash this teardrop from the point to the middle of the roll. Pull the 2 sides apart to form ears. Place above body. Press finger firmly into each ear. Using some left over dough, shape 2 small balls and 1 tiny ball. Place them on bat's face to form the mouth. Press 2 currants on face for the eyes. Place 1 currant above mouth pieces for a nose.
- Brush bat with egg and let rise for about 30 minutes. Bake at 350∞F for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Redefine ear indentations before and during baking.
NotesMany people don't realize the fun things you can make with bread dough. This Barn Bat for Halloween is a great example. Can be used as decoration and/or a fun thing to eat!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day Feast
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skin
20+ Pumpkin Recipes!See More
Calzone de Gen aux épinards (ou bette à carde/chou frisé)
Chocolate Drizzled Lemon and Almond BiscottiSee More