- Cooking Time: 5-7 minutes
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- Use any of the following fresh fruits and veggies: Sweet potatoes
- Winter squash
- Peel, chop into small pieces, and add to a pot with enough water to cover.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until fork tender.
- Blend in the pot, or transfer to a blender or food processor and blend until pureed.
- I don't bother straining as enough water helps make any fruit or veggie smooth. Transfer puree to ice cube trays (they fit about 2 Tbls. per cube) and freeze. Transfer cubes to a ziploc bag labeled with the date and food type.
NotesThere are a hundred products on the market for baby food prep and storage, and many are wicked expensive. You don't need to run out and buy a Baby Bullet or a Brezza to make baby food, though. They claim to streamline the process, but really, it's not all that difficult of a process anyway. All you need is:
- a pot
- a blender (an immersion blender is awesome!)
- and an ice cube tray.
Really. I try to make as many fresh fruits and vegetables as I can, but some are just far too time consuming (no way will I be shelling peas!) or are not in season. Those I buy in the frozen section. Spinach, peas, green beans, mangoes and peaches are all ready in literally minutes. Fresh vegetables obviously need more prep and cook time. Take a free hour and do a big batch or two at once!