- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 package yeast
- 1/2 cup lukewarm water
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 cup solid shortening (recommended: Crisco)
- 2 cups buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Dissolve yeast in warm water; set aside.
- Mix dry ingredients together.
- Cut in shortening.
- Add yeast and buttermilk and mix well.
- Turn dough onto lightly floured surface and roll out to desired thickness.
- Cut with small biscuit cutter and place on greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until golden brown.
NotesRecipe courtesy Paula Deen
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Holidays = Desserts = Happiness
YummyMix.com's Blended Drink Recipes
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy FoodSee More
Holey Moley Dark Mexican Chocolate Dulce De Leche Brownies
Sweet, Salty, Frito CandySee More