- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 package yeast
- 1/2 cup lukewarm water
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 cup solid shortening (recommended: Crisco)
- 2 cups buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Dissolve yeast in warm water; set aside.
- Mix dry ingredients together.
- Cut in shortening.
- Add yeast and buttermilk and mix well.
- Turn dough onto lightly floured surface and roll out to desired thickness.
- Cut with small biscuit cutter and place on greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until golden brown.
NotesRecipe courtesy Paula Deen
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
Italy or Bust
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through CollegeSee More
Zucchini Spice Cake with Lemon Sauce
Rob’s Sugar Cookies modified from allrecipes.com
Stromboli WrapsSee More