- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 8 TBS butter, melted
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla or 1/2 tsp. almond extract
- pinch salt
- 1 cup flour
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Butter an 8x8" pan.
- Mix melted butter with brown sugar-beat until smooth. Beat in egg and then vanilla.
- Add salt, Stir in flour.
- Mix in any additions (some ideas below).
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes (err on the side of caution, do NOT overbake these babies) or until set in the middle. Cool on rack before cutting.
- Add in ideas: add 1/2 to 1 cup of the following in any flavor combo you can think of.
- 1/2 to 1 cup chocolate chips or butterscotch chips/white chips etc, you get the idea
- 1/2 tsp mint extract in addition to, or in the place of vanilla extract or another extract of choice
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts: walnuts, pecans, macadamian
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped up candy bars
- Source: bakingblonde from thenest.com What's For Dinner message board
NotesI love how versatile this recipe is. There are infinite add-in possibilities. I usually just add in chocolate chips. But I plan on trying almonds, mint extract, peanut butter chips, white and dark chocolate chips, and whatever else I come up with along the way. It's so simple to bake, and uses melted butter, which really saves time.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"See More
Grandma Helen's Amazing Kolaches
Lemon Cucumber Tofu Salad
POTATO FRITTERSSee More