- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 8 TBS butter, melted
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla or 1/2 tsp. almond extract
- pinch salt
- 1 cup flour
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Butter an 8x8" pan.
- Mix melted butter with brown sugar-beat until smooth. Beat in egg and then vanilla.
- Add salt, Stir in flour.
- Mix in any additions (some ideas below).
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes (err on the side of caution, do NOT overbake these babies) or until set in the middle. Cool on rack before cutting.
- Add in ideas: add 1/2 to 1 cup of the following in any flavor combo you can think of.
- 1/2 to 1 cup chocolate chips or butterscotch chips/white chips etc, you get the idea
- 1/2 tsp mint extract in addition to, or in the place of vanilla extract or another extract of choice
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts: walnuts, pecans, macadamian
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped up candy bars
- Source: bakingblonde from thenest.com What's For Dinner message board
NotesI love how versatile this recipe is. There are infinite add-in possibilities. I usually just add in chocolate chips. But I plan on trying almonds, mint extract, peanut butter chips, white and dark chocolate chips, and whatever else I come up with along the way. It's so simple to bake, and uses melted butter, which really saves time.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!
MidLife Road Trip's
Second Grade Holiday CookbookSee More
Easy Chocolate Tart
Black Bean And Corn QuesadillasSee More