- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- ¼ lb butter
- 1 medium sized sweet onion (diced 1/8")
- 4 ribs of celery (diced 1/8")
- 2 tsp. kosher salt
- 2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp poultry seasoning
- 1 Tbsp ground thyme
- 1 Tbsp ground rosemary
- ¼ cup white wineâ€¦whatever you're drinking
- 1 qt chicken stock or broth, homemade or bought (For the stock/broth you can use turkey, chicken or vegetable but do not use plain water)
- 2 large eggs (whipped)
- 2 boxes of cornbread stuffing mix (4 packages), or you can make cornbread and let it stale over night, the mix is way easier and what I use.
- Melt the butter in a large saute pan and add the onions and celery and saltâ€¦turn the heat down to medium and cover. Sweat the vegetables until translucent (around 10 minutesâ€¦you donâ€™t want them to brown)
- Add the rest of the seasonings and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add the wine and turn up the heat and cook until the alcohol is gone (around 5 minutes)
- While you are cooking the vegetables, heat the stock to boiling, then turn down to low just to keep it hot
- Place the cornbread crumbs into a very large bowl, large enough for everything to fit and still mix without making a mess.
- Add the cooked veggies to the cornbread and mix just until the veggies are dispersed. Add the eggs and mix lightly. Add the stock to the mixture a little at a time until it is as wet as you would likeâ€¦you may not need it allâ€¦if you have left over use it in your gravyâ€¦cuz you can never have enough gravy.
NotesMy sister just asked me for this recipe for Thanksgiving, so I thought I would share it here. It is easy to make and full of flavor.
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Kale Yeah It's Good...No Meat Necessary
Halloween Easy Eerie EdiblesSee More
Broccoli Chicken Casserole
SLOW COOKER BBQ COUNTRY RIBS
TUNA PARFAIT ON JAPANESE SWEET POTATO TEMPURA AND TEMPURA GREEN ONIONS WITH SAKE SOY GLAZESee More