- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- ¼ lb butter
- 1 medium sized sweet onion (diced 1/8")
- 4 ribs of celery (diced 1/8")
- 2 tsp. kosher salt
- 2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp poultry seasoning
- 1 Tbsp ground thyme
- 1 Tbsp ground rosemary
- ¼ cup white wineâ€¦whatever you're drinking
- 1 qt chicken stock or broth, homemade or bought (For the stock/broth you can use turkey, chicken or vegetable but do not use plain water)
- 2 large eggs (whipped)
- 2 boxes of cornbread stuffing mix (4 packages), or you can make cornbread and let it stale over night, the mix is way easier and what I use.
- Melt the butter in a large saute pan and add the onions and celery and saltâ€¦turn the heat down to medium and cover. Sweat the vegetables until translucent (around 10 minutesâ€¦you donâ€™t want them to brown)
- Add the rest of the seasonings and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add the wine and turn up the heat and cook until the alcohol is gone (around 5 minutes)
- While you are cooking the vegetables, heat the stock to boiling, then turn down to low just to keep it hot
- Place the cornbread crumbs into a very large bowl, large enough for everything to fit and still mix without making a mess.
- Add the cooked veggies to the cornbread and mix just until the veggies are dispersed. Add the eggs and mix lightly. Add the stock to the mixture a little at a time until it is as wet as you would likeâ€¦you may not need it allâ€¦if you have left over use it in your gravyâ€¦cuz you can never have enough gravy.
NotesMy sister just asked me for this recipe for Thanksgiving, so I thought I would share it here. It is easy to make and full of flavor.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
NFPG Recipe Collection
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!See More
Cancun Grilled Chicken Tacos with Citrus Chile Marinade
Perfect baked potatoSee More