- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shortening, chilled
- 3 tablespoons ice water
- Whisk the flour and salt together in a medium size bowl. With a pastry blender, cut in the cold shortening until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Drizzle 2 to 3 tablespoons ice water over flour. Toss mixture with a fork to moisten, adding more water a few drops at a time until the dough comes together.
- Gently gather dough particles together into a ball. Wrap in plastic wrap, and chill for at least 30 minutes before rolling.
- Roll out dough, and put in a pie plate. Fill with desired filling and bake.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Jean’s Recipe File
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake Recipe
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law LibrariesSee More
Tabouleh (Cracked Wheat/Cucumber Salad)
Annie's Strawberry Dessert
Old Fashioned GingerbreadSee More