- Cooking Time: 0
- Servings: 2-4
- Preparation Time: 20
- 2 apples, cored and diced
- 1 pear, cored and diced
- Juice of 1/2 lemon, fresh
- 1 cup mixed berries
- 1-2 cup spinach
- 3 leaves dinosaur kale, can leave stems if desired
- Water to thin and smooth
- (If you have a powerful blender, just put it all in an blend!) Otherwise...
- 1. Put about 1/2 cup water and half the greens in the blender. Blend till smooth. Add the rest of the greens and blend.
- 2. Squeeze in the lemon juice, and gradually add the remaining foods.
- 3. Add water as needed to allow for good, smooth blending.
- 4. Drink immediately, or can store for about 24 hours in tightly sealed bottle in fridge.
NotesGreen Smoothies are incredibly versatile. Aim for 60% fruit, 40% green vegetables, adjust to taste, and you have a nutrition-packed meal-to-go!
You can always alter the ratio of fruits to veggies, and add in healthy extras like nuts or seeds, oils or avocado. But this is a simple recipe to use to start.
Driscoll's Berry Desserts
C'mon a my house! (Metric and American measurements for most recipes)
NFPG Recipe CollectionSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More