- Cooking Time: 0
- Servings: 2-4
- Preparation Time: 20
- 2 apples, cored and diced
- 1 pear, cored and diced
- Juice of 1/2 lemon, fresh
- 1 cup mixed berries
- 1-2 cup spinach
- 3 leaves dinosaur kale, can leave stems if desired
- Water to thin and smooth
- (If you have a powerful blender, just put it all in an blend!) Otherwise...
- 1. Put about 1/2 cup water and half the greens in the blender. Blend till smooth. Add the rest of the greens and blend.
- 2. Squeeze in the lemon juice, and gradually add the remaining foods.
- 3. Add water as needed to allow for good, smooth blending.
- 4. Drink immediately, or can store for about 24 hours in tightly sealed bottle in fridge.
NotesGreen Smoothies are incredibly versatile. Aim for 60% fruit, 40% green vegetables, adjust to taste, and you have a nutrition-packed meal-to-go!
You can always alter the ratio of fruits to veggies, and add in healthy extras like nuts or seeds, oils or avocado. But this is a simple recipe to use to start.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Gonzalez Family~Established 8.8.14
The Social CookbookSee More
Hungarian Beef Paprika
Fresh Tuna Tacos
RICH BLUEBERRY BARSSee More