- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Ice cubes
- 6 tbs kosher salt
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbs sugar
- Fill a gallon-sized zip-lock bag halfway with ice; add salt. Seal.
- Put half-and-half, vanilla, and sugar into a pint-sized zip-lock bag. Seal.
- Place small bag inside large one and seal.
- Shake until mixture is ice cream, about 5 minutes.
- Wipe off top of small bag, then open carefully. Enjoy!
- To make chocolate: Add 2 tbs unsweetened cocoa powder to basic recipe. Increase sugar to 2 tbs. Stir before shaking.
- To make Rock Road: Add 3 tbs mini marshmallows and 3 tbs chopped walnuts to chocolate half-and-half mixture before shaking.
- To make coffee: Dissolve 1 tbs instant coffee powder in hal-and-hald before shaking.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
"Pretty Food" for the home Chef
The NourishFull KitchenSee More
Tabouleh (Cracked Wheat/Cucumber Salad)
Annie's Strawberry Dessert
Old Fashioned GingerbreadSee More