- Cooking Time: 16 to 20
- Servings: 8 to 10
- Preparation Time: 90 min.
- 1 c. warm water (110 degrees give or take)
- 1 pkg. or 2 ¼ t. yeast (not rapid rise)
- 1 t. honey
- 2 to 3 c. bread flour
- 1 t. salt
- 3 T. olive oil, divided
- cornmeal for dusting
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine warm water, yeast and honey. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Add 2 c. flour, salt and 1 T. olive oil and mix using the paddle attachment.
- Switch over to the hook attachment and add enough of the remaining bread flour to the dough until it no longer sticks to the side of the bowl.
- Knead dough for 8 min.
- In a large bowl, add 1 T. olive oil to grease the bowl. Add dough and put remaining oil of the top of the dough and smooth it over the top. Cover with a clean dish towel.
- Place dough in a warm place to rise for about an hour or until it has doubled in size.
- Punch down and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees with a pizza stone inside.
- Form dough into a loaf about a foot long. Place on a pizza peel dusted with cornmeal. Using a sharp knife, cut several slits in the top of the dough to let steam escape.
- With the pizza peel, slide the loaf onto the stone in the oven.
- Bake for 16 to 20 minutes until the bread is a delicious, golden brown. Remove bread from the oven with the pizza peel.
- Wait at least 15 min. before slicing it.
NotesI got the original recipe from a magazine but modified it to my taste. I make this bread at least once a month.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. Welch
The Social Cookbook
Easy Homemade Salad DressingsSee More
Cinnamon-Apple Chex® Mix
Very Berry Crumble Pie
Salmon Hobo PacksSee More