- Cooking Time: 16 to 20
- Servings: 8 to 10
- Preparation Time: 90 min.
- 1 c. warm water (110 degrees give or take)
- 1 pkg. or 2 ¼ t. yeast (not rapid rise)
- 1 t. honey
- 2 to 3 c. bread flour
- 1 t. salt
- 3 T. olive oil, divided
- cornmeal for dusting
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine warm water, yeast and honey. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Add 2 c. flour, salt and 1 T. olive oil and mix using the paddle attachment.
- Switch over to the hook attachment and add enough of the remaining bread flour to the dough until it no longer sticks to the side of the bowl.
- Knead dough for 8 min.
- In a large bowl, add 1 T. olive oil to grease the bowl. Add dough and put remaining oil of the top of the dough and smooth it over the top. Cover with a clean dish towel.
- Place dough in a warm place to rise for about an hour or until it has doubled in size.
- Punch down and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees with a pizza stone inside.
- Form dough into a loaf about a foot long. Place on a pizza peel dusted with cornmeal. Using a sharp knife, cut several slits in the top of the dough to let steam escape.
- With the pizza peel, slide the loaf onto the stone in the oven.
- Bake for 16 to 20 minutes until the bread is a delicious, golden brown. Remove bread from the oven with the pizza peel.
- Wait at least 15 min. before slicing it.
NotesI got the original recipe from a magazine but modified it to my taste. I make this bread at least once a month.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!
MetroCooking Texas 2013See More
Edamame and Radish Slaw
Lisa Lovegood's Butterbeer Cake
Rustic Whole Wheat Garlic & Herb PizzaSee More