- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice (*may also use lime)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 9 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 Tb. + 1 tsp. freshly grated lemon zest (or lime if using lime juice)
- Whisk yolks & sugar in heavy saucepan until blended.
- Whisk in salt, lemon juice, and butter.
- Cook over medium-low heat, stirring continually, until thick (should 'coat' the back of a wooden spoon) but still pourable.
- *DO NOT BOIL* !!!
- Pour into fine sieve or chinois & push through with wooden spoon.
- Stir in zest.
- Cool quickly by submerging into ice water bath; cover tightly with saran wrap & refrigerate immediately.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Fun appetizers and snacks
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary Cookbook
Classic Chocolate Recipes ElevatedSee More
Holiday "Butt" Stuffing
Pumpkin Pie With Perfect Pie Crust
Nacho Cheese DipSee More