- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 T butter
- 2 cups coarse breadcrumbs (Panko or home made)
- 2-3 heavy pinches of dried parsley, crushed between your fingers to fine consistency
- 1 lb. elbow macaroni
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1-2 Hunan peppers
- 4 Tbs. butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup flour
- 4 cups milk, heated
- 1 tsp. dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. salt
- Pinch of white pepper
- 1 lb. shredded extra sharp cheddar cheese
- Melt butter in a small pan.
- Add bread crumbs and parsley.
- Stir to combine.
- Set aside to use for topping.
- Cook the macaroni in plenty of boiling salted water, along with the onion, bay leaves and Hunan peppers until macaroni is al dente, about 8 minutes; drain and discard bay and peppers.
- Melt butter or margarine in a large saucepan;
- stir in flour until smooth.
- Cook, stirring, over low heat, about 3 minutes.
- Gradually whisk in hot milk until smooth.
- Cook - stirring constantly until mixture boils.
- Reduce heat to low and continue cooking until thick and smooth, about 10 minutes.
- Stir every few minutes.
- Add mustard, salt, pepper.
- Combine the sauce, macaroni, and 3/4 of the cheese.
- Transfer to a buttered 9x13" baking dish.
- Sprinkle top with remaining cheese then bread crumbs.
- Bake at 350 until bubbly and golden brown on top (about 45 minutes)
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome RecipesSee More
CHOCOLATE COVERED CHERRY COOKIES
Tomato & Sweet Pepper SalsaSee More