- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 14
- Preparation Time:
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 Anchovy fillets, minced (I used tube and just measure out a fillet)
- 2 - 28 oz cans Crushed Tomatoes In Tomato Puree
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh oregano
- 1 tsp table salt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 oz canned tomato paste
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- In a large non reactive sauce pan, heat oil over medium heat. Add garlic and stir about 30 seconds, being careful not to brown. Add the anchovies and cook until dissolved, about 1 minute. Dissolve the tomato paste in 2 cans of water, and then add to the saucepan with rest of ingredients. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes, or until desired consistency.
- Serving size: 1/2 cup; recipe yields 7 cups.
NotesThis is a recipe from the lovely group of ladies on the WW online site. We lovingly refer to it as Aunt Jane's Marinara after the person who originally posted. Made it once and will never use jar sauce again.
Serving size: 1/2 cup; recipe yields 7 cups.
My notes: The marinara freezes well. Since it is a basic sauce, you can add additional herbs or cheese for your particular use.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Koken met Oma
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through College
culinary karmaSee More
Rich Chocolate Pecan Pie
Cheesy Stuffed Baked Ziti
GREEN BEAN CASSEROLESee More