- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 c. fine, soft bread crumbs
- 1 1/3 c. finely chopped onion
- 3 - 4 tsp. salt (depends on what
- kind of pork sausage you use.)
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1 c. milk
- 4 eggs
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 lb. pork sausage (I use Jimmy
- Dean. I like the flavor.)
- Place bread crumbs, onion, salt, pepper & milk in large bowl; with hands, combine thoroughly. Add eggs & mix well. Gently mix in ground beef and pork sausage. Pack mixture firmly into ungreased, shallow baking dish that is at least 1" larger in all dimensions than loaf. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 1 hr., 30 minutes. For easier slicing, let meat stand for 10 minutes before serving.
NotesI've no idea how many years I've been making my meatloaf this way. But I do know that it is definitely the BEST!! And wonderful comfort food!