- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbl sugar
- 1 1/4 cups cold milk
- 3 tbls melted butter
- 1 egg
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar in a big bowl.
- Mix the egg and milk together then add the melted butter, stir to combine. It will be lumpy.
- Add the milk mixture to the flour.
- Mix until just smooth.
- Pour 1/4 cup scoops onto a pre-heated (medium-high) skillet.
- Flip when it gets brown on the bottom, dry around the edges and bubbles are breaking.
- Cook till done. Makes about 8.
NotesI love pancakes. I saw the trick of adding melted butter to cold milk... somewhere. Probably Cooks Illustrated. It was for something else, but in the pancakes it makes for light, airy, yet rich and buttery deliciousness. The big trick with pancakes is getting the heat right. Too hot and they burn, not hot enough and they are tough. Medium to medium-high is the best, depending on your stove. And don't fiddle with them! Let them sit or they won't brown well.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
St.George YMCA-YWCA Before and After School Cookbook
20+ Pumpkin Recipes!
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!See More
Cocktail (The V)
Angel Acres Feel Better Chicken Noodle Soup
Twisted Shirley TempleSee More