- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp(4 tsp) baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 egg whites
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup salad oil(leave extra for bottom of pan)
- In a bowl, beat egg whites until stiff. Add milk and salad oil.
- Add flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder and mix with fork (mixture is supposed to be lumpy).
- Heat skillet over medium heat until drop of water sizzles. Brush pan lightly with extra salad oil.
- Pour 1/4 c. to 1/3 c. of batter onto hot skillet.
- Cook until bubbles burst and flip with pancake turner.
NotesThis recipe was from my final exam in cooking class in 7th grade and I've memorized it and used it almost every Sunday morning!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!
The Best of Brock: Celebrating 85 Years of Cooking
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for LunchSee More
Roasted Butternut Bisque with Spicy Pumpkin Seeds
Julia's Fudge Puddles (Modified from allrecipes.com)
Seven More SinsSee More