- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThis recipe was from my final exam in cooking class in 7th grade and I've memorized it and used it almost every Sunday morning!
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp(4 tsp) baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 egg whites
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup salad oil(leave extra for bottom of pan)
- In a bowl, beat egg whites until stiff. Add milk and salad oil.
- Add flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder and mix with fork (mixture is supposed to be lumpy).
- Heat skillet over medium heat until drop of water sizzles. Brush pan lightly with extra salad oil.
- Pour 1/4 c. to 1/3 c. of batter onto hot skillet.
- Cook until bubbles burst and flip with pancake turner.