- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp(4 tsp) baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 egg whites
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup salad oil(leave extra for bottom of pan)
- In a bowl, beat egg whites until stiff. Add milk and salad oil.
- Add flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder and mix with fork (mixture is supposed to be lumpy).
- Heat skillet over medium heat until drop of water sizzles. Brush pan lightly with extra salad oil.
- Pour 1/4 c. to 1/3 c. of batter onto hot skillet.
- Cook until bubbles burst and flip with pancake turner.
NotesThis recipe was from my final exam in cooking class in 7th grade and I've memorized it and used it almost every Sunday morning!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through College
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite Recipes
Angel Acres Holiday Dessert CookbookSee More
Salmon & Spinach Pesto Pasta
Antipasto for Kids (Gluten-Free)See More