- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup warm water (105 to 115 degrees F)
- 1 (1/4-ounce) envelope active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Yellow cornmeal, for sprinkling the baking sheet
- In a large bowl, combine the water, yeast, honey, and 1 tablespoon oil, stirring to combine. Let sit until the mixture is foamy, about 5 minutes.
- Add 1 1/2 cups of the flour and the salt, mixing by hand until it is all incorporated and the mixture is smooth. Continue adding the flour, 1/4 cup at a time, working the dough after each addition, until the dough is smooth but still slightly sticky. You may not need all of the flour. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth but still slightly tacky, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Oil a large mixing bowl with remaining olive oil. Place the dough in the bowl, turning to coat with the oil. Cover with plastic wrap and set in a warm place, free from drafts until doubled in size, about 1 1/2 hours.
- Yield: dough for 1 (15-inch) pizza
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Easy Homemade Salad Dressings
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie TreatsSee More
Picnic Chicken SaladSee More