- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup warm water (105 to 115 degrees F)
- 1 (1/4-ounce) envelope active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Yellow cornmeal, for sprinkling the baking sheet
- In a large bowl, combine the water, yeast, honey, and 1 tablespoon oil, stirring to combine. Let sit until the mixture is foamy, about 5 minutes.
- Add 1 1/2 cups of the flour and the salt, mixing by hand until it is all incorporated and the mixture is smooth. Continue adding the flour, 1/4 cup at a time, working the dough after each addition, until the dough is smooth but still slightly sticky. You may not need all of the flour. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth but still slightly tacky, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Oil a large mixing bowl with remaining olive oil. Place the dough in the bowl, turning to coat with the oil. Cover with plastic wrap and set in a warm place, free from drafts until doubled in size, about 1 1/2 hours.
- Yield: dough for 1 (15-inch) pizza
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake Recipe
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette StarbuckSee More
Easy Graham Cracker Ginger Bread House
Pecan Almond MuffinsSee More