- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 eggs
- 1 egg white
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup cheese
- 1 cup chopped meat
- 3/4 cup chopped vegetables
- 1 pie crust
- salt & pepper
- other seasoning, depending on the ingredients
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Lightly whisk together the eggs, egg white and milk.
- Add salt, pepper and other seasoning of your choice.
- Stir in the cheese, meat and veggies.
- Roll out the pie crust onto a 10-inch pie pan. Add filling.
- Bake until crust is golden brown and eggs have set, about 45-50 minutes.
- If crust becomes too brown, use a pie shield or cover crust with aluminum foil.
- Let quiche cool for 10 minutes before cutting.
- As far as the ingredients go, you are only limited by your imagination.
- Some suggestions: for an Italian quiche, pepperoni, mozzarella and tomatoes; for a Greek quiche, kalamata olives, onions, spinach and feta; turkey, broccoli and cheddar; ham, asparagus and swiss. My husband doesn't like meat in his, so I double up on the veggies and use pepper jack and cheddar cheeses. Once you know this basic recipe, the possibilities are endless!
NotesThis is great for breakfast or a light dinner with a fruit or green salad.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for Lunch
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
A Falcon FeastSee More
Edamame and Radish Slaw
Lisa Lovegood's Butterbeer Cake
Rustic Whole Wheat Garlic & Herb PizzaSee More