- Cooking Time: 0
- Servings: 2 small bowls
- Preparation Time: 60 mins
- 1 cup organic raw cashews soaked for 2 hours
- 1/4 cup cold pressed extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup raw cauliflower
- 1/2 cup filtered water
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice or more to taste
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1 tsp agave nectar
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- Tiny 1/2 pinch of Celtic sea salt or more to taste
- Put the cashews and cauliflower in the blender, and add the water until combined well.
- Slowly add the oil in one steady stream, and process until thick and creamy.
- Place the rest of the ingredients into the blender to taste, and process until smooth.
- Add in some more salt, mustard or lemon juice to taste until you create your perfect blend.
- **Please note – you will need a high speed blender such as a VitaMix or BlendTec, in order to achieve a really creamy consistency.
NotesThere are a ton of good vegan mayonnaise recipes out there. But I keep coming back to this recipe I adapted from a vegan camp I went to about ten years ago. It is mild, creamy, and delicious. As usual, I have listed quantities as a guide only. I tend to add in the lemon juice, vinegar and salt at the end, and keep tasting in between each addition. Every batch yields a mayo of a slightly different personality, depending on my mood, and what I am going to use it for. But the quantities I have provided will keep you on the right track. Follow them, and you will get a mayo that you can play with.
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
Camp Nubar Baking Class
Italy or BustSee More
Cancun Grilled Chicken Tacos with Citrus Chile Marinade
Lemon and Rosemary Chicken and Potatoes
Peanut Butter Butterfinger CookiesSee More