- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 2 can get seconds
- Preparation Time: half hour
- 1c long grain rice (white or brown)
- 1 1/3c water
- 1. Bring water to a boil. It is important get water boiling good before you put the rice in.
- 2. Pour in rice and turn the burner down LOW, as low as you can get it. Then cover with a lid and let simmer for around half an hour.
- *White rice will be done in 20-30 mins, brown rice will be done in 30-40 mins
- 3. Test to see if all the water has evaporated by tilting the pot a little to see if water pools. If it doesn't pool, turn the burner off and re-cover the rice. Let it sit for 10 more mins. This makes sure the rice doesn't get sticky.
- 4. After you let it sit for ten minutes, fluff the rice by stirring it and serve. Add a bit of butter and enjoy!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Favourites from Ana's Romanian Kitchen
Vegan Glass Jar Goodies
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy BitesSee More
Blue Cheese And Bacon Cheese Ball
matt's base red sauceSee More