- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 2 can get seconds
- Preparation Time: half hour
- 1c long grain rice (white or brown)
- 1 1/3c water
- 1. Bring water to a boil. It is important get water boiling good before you put the rice in.
- 2. Pour in rice and turn the burner down LOW, as low as you can get it. Then cover with a lid and let simmer for around half an hour.
- *White rice will be done in 20-30 mins, brown rice will be done in 30-40 mins
- 3. Test to see if all the water has evaporated by tilting the pot a little to see if water pools. If it doesn't pool, turn the burner off and re-cover the rice. Let it sit for 10 more mins. This makes sure the rice doesn't get sticky.
- 4. After you let it sit for ten minutes, fluff the rice by stirring it and serve. Add a bit of butter and enjoy!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSW
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome RecipesSee More
Easy Chocolate Tart
Black Bean And Corn QuesadillasSee More