- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3/4 pound protein (such as flank steak, pork tenderloin, chicken breasts, shrimp or extra-firm tofu), cut into small, even pieces
- 2 tsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tsp dry sherry
- 3 medium cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 1 tbls grated fresh ginger
- 3 scallions, white parts only, minced
- 5 tsp peanut or vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 pounds prepared vegetables, cut into small pieces and divided into batches based on cooking times
- 1 recipe for stir-fry sauce (below)
- Toss the protein with the soy sauce and sherry in a medium bowl. In a small bowl, combine the garlic ginger, scallion whites and 2 tsp of the oil.
- 2) Heat 1 more tsp of oil in a 12" non-stick skillet over high heat until just smoking. Add the protein and cook, stirring occasionally and braking up the clumps, until lightly browned, 1 to 4 minutes. Transfer the protein to a clean bowl.
- 3) Add 1 more tsp oil to the pan and return to a high heat until shimmering. Add the first batch of longer-cooking vegetables and cook, stirring occasionally, until crisp tender, 1 -5 minutes. (for very tough vegetables like broccoli and green beans, add 1/2 cup water to the pan with the vegetables , cover, and steam for about 2 minutes. Remove the lid and cook off the water, about 3 minutes, before continuing)
- 4) Add the remaining tsp oil and the faster-cooking vegetables, and cook until the vegetables are crisp tender, about 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- 5) Clear the center of the pan and add the garlic mixture. Cook, mashing the garlic mixture into the pan with the back of a spatula, until fragrant, about 45 seconds. Stir the mixture into vegetables. Add the protein back into the pan and toss to combine. Whisk the sauce to recombine, then add it to the pan and bring to a simmer. Off the heat, toss until the protein and vegetables are well coated with the sauce and sizzling hot. Serve immediately
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy Food
Delightful DessertsSee More
Broiled Salmon with Olive-Tomato Vinaigrette
Peanut and pretzel truffles
Veggie KebabsSee More