- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 3/4 ounces all-purpose flour (about 1 cup)
- 4 3/4 ounces whole wheat flour (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 whole eggs -- beaten
- 2 ounces unsalted butter -- melted
- 16 ounces buttermilk -- room temperature
- vegetable spray
- Preheat waffle iron according to manufacturer's directions.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the flours, soda, baking powder, salt, and sugar.
- In another bowl beat together eggs and melted butter, and then add the buttermilk.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir until combined.
- Allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- Ladle the recommended amount of waffle batter onto the iron according to the manufacturer's recommendations.
- Close iron top and cook until the waffle is golden on both sides and is easily removed from iron.
- Serve immediately or keep warm in a 200 degree F oven until ready to serve.
NotesRecipe By: Alton Brown
Source: "Good Eats"
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013See More
Zucchini Pizza Bites
Ramen Noodle Sandwich Fit For a Hungry Person
Pancit Bihon (Stir Fried Rice Noodles)See More