- Cooking Time: 16 to 20
- Preparation Time:
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/3 cup basil, chopped
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 onion, coarsely chopped
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1/4 tsp salt
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Combine basil, garlic, lemon juice, and olive oil in a large bowl. Finely dice about a third of the chopped onion and add to basil mixture. Sprinkle chicken breasts with salt and place in basil mixture, turning to coat.
- In a large non-stick skillet coated in oil or cooking spray over medium heat, arrange coated chicken breasts and top with any remaining basil mixture. Cook 8-10 minutes on each side, or until chicken is well browned and cooked through.
- Add remaining chopped onion and green onions to skillet. Saute with chicken, scrapping any browned bits from the pan, until golden. Remove from heat and serve chicken breasts topped with sauteed onion mixture. Season with pepper as desired.
NotesI wanted to make a simple dish the other night, and this is what I came up with.
Pictured here with Macaroni & Zucchini Salad and fresh tomatoes from the Farmer’s Market.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!
HalFire: A Passion for HotWings!See More
Poblano Macaroni and Cheese
Betty Crocker Raspberry-Lemon Fruit Dip
The Barefoot Contessas Pan Fried Onion DipSee More