- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 C flour
- 1 T baking powder
- 1 t salt
- 2 T fresh Basil (chopped) or 1 T dry
- 1/2 C milk
- 1/2 C butter or margarine
- 1/2 C sugar
- 2 eggs
- Combine dry ingredients and set aside.
- In a sauce pan, combine milk and basil. Warm over medium heat then let stand to cool
- Cream butter and sugar together and add eggs one at a time
- Add flour mixture and mix alternately with milk mixture.
- Pour into loaf pan and bake at 350 for 50-60 minutes.
- Cool bread on wire rack
- Variation: You can substitute dill, sage, or rosemary for basil
NotesThis is from my favorite cookbook, "The Madison County Cookbook". It's super easy and super yummy!