- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 C flour
- 1 T baking powder
- 1 t salt
- 2 T fresh Basil (chopped) or 1 T dry
- 1/2 C milk
- 1/2 C butter or margarine
- 1/2 C sugar
- 2 eggs
- Combine dry ingredients and set aside.
- In a sauce pan, combine milk and basil. Warm over medium heat then let stand to cool
- Cream butter and sugar together and add eggs one at a time
- Add flour mixture and mix alternately with milk mixture.
- Pour into loaf pan and bake at 350 for 50-60 minutes.
- Cool bread on wire rack
- Variation: You can substitute dill, sage, or rosemary for basil
NotesThis is from my favorite cookbook, "The Madison County Cookbook". It's super easy and super yummy!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Italy or Bust
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!See More
Poblano Macaroni and Cheese
Betty Crocker Raspberry-Lemon Fruit Dip
The Barefoot Contessas Pan Fried Onion DipSee More