- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 C flour
- 1 T baking powder
- 1 t salt
- 2 T fresh Basil (chopped) or 1 T dry
- 1/2 C milk
- 1/2 C butter or margarine
- 1/2 C sugar
- 2 eggs
- Combine dry ingredients and set aside.
- In a sauce pan, combine milk and basil. Warm over medium heat then let stand to cool
- Cream butter and sugar together and add eggs one at a time
- Add flour mixture and mix alternately with milk mixture.
- Pour into loaf pan and bake at 350 for 50-60 minutes.
- Cool bread on wire rack
- Variation: You can substitute dill, sage, or rosemary for basil
NotesThis is from my favorite cookbook, "The Madison County Cookbook". It's super easy and super yummy!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Vegan Glass Jar Goodies
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and Appetisers
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for LunchSee More
Super-Simple Snickers Pies
Cilantro Pork Tamales
PUmpkin Carrot Swirl BarsSee More