- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 lb pork butt, cubed
- ½ lb bacon, chopped
- 1 T. fennel
- 8 cloves garlic
- ½ C. fresh basil, chopped
- 1 T. coarse ground black pepper
- 2 t. kosher salt
- ¼ C. bourbon
- Soak 12 – 16 feet of hog casing in water, rinse to remove excess salt.
- Combine all ingredients except bourbon in a bowl, mix and chill for 1 hour.
- Coarsely grind seasoned meat, add bourbon and mix well.
- Stuff ground meat into hog casing, avoiding air bubbles.
- After all the meat has been used, twist the sausage into hand width lengths, chill for about an hour to set then cut to separate.