- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 lb pork butt, cubed
- ½ lb bacon, chopped
- 1 T. fennel
- 8 cloves garlic
- ½ C. fresh basil, chopped
- 1 T. coarse ground black pepper
- 2 t. kosher salt
- ¼ C. bourbon
- Soak 12 – 16 feet of hog casing in water, rinse to remove excess salt.
- Combine all ingredients except bourbon in a bowl, mix and chill for 1 hour.
- Coarsely grind seasoned meat, add bourbon and mix well.
- Stuff ground meat into hog casing, avoiding air bubbles.
- After all the meat has been used, twist the sausage into hand width lengths, chill for about an hour to set then cut to separate.
Mrs. Claus Cooks for Holiday Entertaining
Breads and Breakfasts: Bakin' Without Eggs...or Dairy!
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite RecipesSee More
Skinny Mojito for Cinco de Mayo
Spicy New England Style Lobster Roll
Avocado & Swiss Sprouted Wheat PizzaSee More