- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryIt's summertime and summertime is the season for grilling. A couple of days ago I prepared this recipe, which is very easy but very tasty.
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper, coarsely ground
- 4 chicken breast halves
- 1/3 cup butter (or margarine), melted
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Fresh basil sprigs for garnish (optional)
- Press 3/4 teaspoon pepper into meaty sides of chicken breast halves.
- Combine softened butter, basil, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Grill chicken over medium coals, 8 - 10 minutes on each side or until done, basting frequently with basil-butter mixture.
- Garnish with basil and serve.