- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 48
- Preparation Time: 25min
- 1 quart water
- 2 cups firmly packed fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
- 1 package (1-3/4 ounces) powdered fruit pectin
- 3 drops green food coloring, optional
- 5 cups sugar
- In a large saucepan, bring water and basil to a boil. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 10 minutes. Strain and discard basil. Return 3-2/3 cups liquid to the pan. Stir in pectin and food coloring if desired. Return to a rolling boil over high heat. Stir in sugar. Boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; skim off foam.
- Pour hot liquid into hot sterilized jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Adjust caps. Process for 15 minutes in a boiling-water bath.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!
Italy or Bust
Easy Homemade Salad DressingsSee More
Super-Simple Snickers Pies
Cilantro Pork Tamales
PUmpkin Carrot Swirl BarsSee More