- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 ½ cups (packed) fresh basil leaves
- ¾ cup olive oil
- Garlic powder (granules)
- Blanch basil in medium saucepan of boiling water, ~10sec (doing this will allow the basil oil to remain green instead of turning a murky brown).
- Place leaves into a bowl of ice cold water (stops the cooking process).
- Squeeze excess water from leaves or pat dry with paper towels.
- Transfer to blender or small food processor
- Add oil & puree until smooth.
- Add salt, pepper, garlic powder all to taste
- Transfer to small bowl or squeeze bottle
- Cover & chill or use right away
NotesDuring the summer, we have literally tons of basil hanging around the house. Basil from 2yrs ago that we haven't replanted, but just keeps regrowing each year. Most of the time, I never know what to do with it until I stumbled on this recipe. It's short & sweet & a different take compared to pesto. I like to use it with another recipe involving pasta sald with sundried tomatoes.