- Cooking Time: 10
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1 small yellow squash
- 1 small green zucchini
- ½ white or yellow onion, diced
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups pre-cooked basmati rice
- 1. Cut the squash and zucchini in half, lengthwise and slice (will look like half moons).
- 2. Heat skillet on stove on medium-high heat.
- 3. Add olive oil.
- 4. Add onions, squash and zucchini to skillet. Cook until tender, about 10 minutes.
- 5. Combine with rice.
- 6. Salt and pepper to taste and serve.
NotesIf you have an abundance of zucchini or squash and are dying for something new to cook up, may I suggest this basmati rice dish? Your thousands of taste buds will thank you for it.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Fun appetizers and snacks
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary Cookbook
Classic Chocolate Recipes ElevatedSee More
Holiday "Butt" Stuffing
Pumpkin Pie With Perfect Pie Crust
Nacho Cheese DipSee More