- Cooking Time: 10
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1 small yellow squash
- 1 small green zucchini
- ½ white or yellow onion, diced
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups pre-cooked basmati rice
- 1. Cut the squash and zucchini in half, lengthwise and slice (will look like half moons).
- 2. Heat skillet on stove on medium-high heat.
- 3. Add olive oil.
- 4. Add onions, squash and zucchini to skillet. Cook until tender, about 10 minutes.
- 5. Combine with rice.
- 6. Salt and pepper to taste and serve.
NotesIf you have an abundance of zucchini or squash and are dying for something new to cook up, may I suggest this basmati rice dish? Your thousands of taste buds will thank you for it.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
50 Shades of Taste
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or PartySee More
Roasted Pepper Potato Soup
Oven Crispy FriesSee More