- Cooking Time: 60 minutes
- Servings: 5
- Preparation Time:
- 1 2/3 cups potatoes, boiled, peeled and mashed
- ¼ cup coconut milk
- ¼ cup evaporated milk
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 whole egg
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- Beat together potatoes, coconut milk and evaporated milk.
- Add butter, egg and egg yolks, sugar then mix well.
- Stir in flour and baking powder.
- Pour in a baking pan. Bake for about 1 hour.
- When knife is inserted and comes out clean, the batatada is cooked.
NotesActually the first time we tried Batatada was at a PATA meeting featuring Macau which of course used to be a Portuguese colony.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. Welch
Delicious Recipes Made Easy
Family and Friends Starter CookBookSee More
Two Layer Peppermint Bark
Spicy Bean Tamales
The Best Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies Ever!See More