- Cooking Time: 60 minutes
- Servings: 5
- Preparation Time:
- 1 2/3 cups potatoes, boiled, peeled and mashed
- ¼ cup coconut milk
- ¼ cup evaporated milk
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 whole egg
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- Beat together potatoes, coconut milk and evaporated milk.
- Add butter, egg and egg yolks, sugar then mix well.
- Stir in flour and baking powder.
- Pour in a baking pan. Bake for about 1 hour.
- When knife is inserted and comes out clean, the batatada is cooked.
NotesActually the first time we tried Batatada was at a PATA meeting featuring Macau which of course used to be a Portuguese colony.
Girl Scout Campfire Cookbook Troop 60252
Oliver & Grandson's Cajun and Southern Creations
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2013See More
Salted Caramel - Sauce and/or squares
All the food groups in one dish...if you consider tomatoes a fruit :)!
Hanky PankySee More