- Cooking Time: 60 minutes
- Servings: 5
- Preparation Time:
- 1 2/3 cups potatoes, boiled, peeled and mashed
- ¼ cup coconut milk
- ¼ cup evaporated milk
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 whole egg
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- Beat together potatoes, coconut milk and evaporated milk.
- Add butter, egg and egg yolks, sugar then mix well.
- Stir in flour and baking powder.
- Pour in a baking pan. Bake for about 1 hour.
- When knife is inserted and comes out clean, the batatada is cooked.
NotesActually the first time we tried Batatada was at a PATA meeting featuring Macau which of course used to be a Portuguese colony.
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' Recipes
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and Cakes
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community CookbookSee More
Pho - Vietnamese Beef Noodle
Creamy Roasted Sweet Potato Soup
Jim's Easy Vegetable Green Thai CurrySee More