- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder, or fresh garlic, finely minced
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp sherry
- 1 tsp ginger, fresh, put thru garlic press
- Mix eggs, salt, garlic, flour, cornstarch, and milk to make a smooth batter.
- Mix honey, lemon juice, sherry and ginger together and marinate shrimp (split in back), lobster (cut in cubes), chicken (cut in pieces 1" x 2"), or thin-sliced pork for at least 15 minutes.
- Fry dipped pieces in peanut oil until light brown.
- OPTION: Cool fried pieces after frying, then refrigerate, if desired, and later redip in batter, refry until golden brown. Even crunchier, and great as appetizers for a party that you can prepare ahead and still serve HOT at the last minute! It makes enough batter for 1 lb. of Shrimp, Lobster Meat, Chicken or Pork.
NotesI've been looking for a good Chicken Fingers batter and found this on http://www.recipes-4u.co.uk/asian/Batter-For-Frying---Oriental.html.
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!
Brownies: Baking Outside the Box
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and AppetisersSee More
Vanilla Caramel Nut Ice Cream Pudding (with salted caramel and hot chocolate sauce)
Candy Cane Fudge
Pancit PalabokSee More