- Cooking Time: 10
- Servings: 4-6
- Preparation Time: 20
- 4-6 boneless chicken breasts, cut into strips or nuggets
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 4 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- Dash of cayenne
- Dash of Old Bay seasoning, opt.
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1 1/2 cups water
- Whisk together the dry ingredients until well blended, then slowly add the water, whisking until smooth. Set in refrigerator for 15 minutes or so.
- Heat vegetable oil to 360 degrees F in deep fryer or pot. Dip chicken into batter and fry in small batches in the hot oil until golden brown.
- Drain on a rack. Salt to taste while hot.
NotesI love to experiment using different recipes I have encountered through the years. This batter is good for chicken or fish.
Family and Friends Starter CookBook
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
Delicious Recipes Made EasySee More
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcake with Browned Butter Butter Cream Frosting
Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble
Mrs. Jackson’s Grits – “Selma”See More