- Cooking Time: 10
- Servings: 4-6
- Preparation Time: 20
- 4-6 boneless chicken breasts, cut into strips or nuggets
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 4 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- Dash of cayenne
- Dash of Old Bay seasoning, opt.
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1 1/2 cups water
- Whisk together the dry ingredients until well blended, then slowly add the water, whisking until smooth. Set in refrigerator for 15 minutes or so.
- Heat vegetable oil to 360 degrees F in deep fryer or pot. Dip chicken into batter and fry in small batches in the hot oil until golden brown.
- Drain on a rack. Salt to taste while hot.
NotesI love to experiment using different recipes I have encountered through the years. This batter is good for chicken or fish.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Holiday Dessert Cookbook
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and AppetisersSee More
Steamed trout with ginger and spring onions
Buttery Pull-Apart Bread
Ham & Cheese Roll UpsSee More