- Cooking Time: 10
- Servings: 4-6
- Preparation Time: 20
- 4-6 boneless chicken breasts, cut into strips or nuggets
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 4 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- Dash of cayenne
- Dash of Old Bay seasoning, opt.
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1 1/2 cups water
- Whisk together the dry ingredients until well blended, then slowly add the water, whisking until smooth. Set in refrigerator for 15 minutes or so.
- Heat vegetable oil to 360 degrees F in deep fryer or pot. Dip chicken into batter and fry in small batches in the hot oil until golden brown.
- Drain on a rack. Salt to taste while hot.
NotesI love to experiment using different recipes I have encountered through the years. This batter is good for chicken or fish.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten-Free and Delicious
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or PartySee More
Edamame and Radish Slaw
Lisa Lovegood's Butterbeer Cake
Rustic Whole Wheat Garlic & Herb PizzaSee More