BATTY BISCUIT'S BANANA BISCOTTI
- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup peanuts, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 cup mashed ripe banana
- 2 tsp. Vanilla
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a bowl, combine flour, peanuts, baking soda.
- In another bowl, mix egg, vegetable oil, banana, vanilla.
- Stir dry mixture into wet mixture and mix together.
- Add water one teaspoon at a time as needed. Knead by hand on table or countertop until mixed thoroughly. Form into logs approx. 2 to 2-1/2 inches high. Flatten so that log is 6 to 7 inches wide by 1 inch high.
- Place on non-stick baking sheet. Bake for approx. 35 minutes. Remove and cool 10 minutes.
- Slice into 1/2 inch slices. Place on baking sheet and bake for approximately 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool, serve! Store in an air-tight container - and share with the neighbor's scary, hairy dogs!
NotesTerrifying treats guaranteed to scare the fleas off your dogs! I found this recipe from Three Dog Bakery's website.
BakeSpace Note: Please keep in mind that some experts express concern that homemade pet food may not contain the optimal combination of nutrients (amino acids, fatty acids, vitamins and minerals) that pets require for long-term health. Your pet’s species, breed, age and any existing medical problems should be considered before preparing a homemade meal. Please consult your veterinarian for more information.