- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1.5 kg potatoes
- Use waxy potatoes with yellow skin and flesh. Floury varieties easily fall apart.
- 100 g finely diced (red) onion
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ½ cup vinegar (wine or cider vinegar)
- ¼ l stock (simply dissolve a bouillon cube in boiling water)
- 100 g (= about 8-10 tablespoons) oil
- Either steam or boil potatoes with the skin (don’t overcook, potatoes should be tender but still firm!!!), peel them while they are still hot, let them cool a little bit and then cut into thin slices.
- Mix warm stock with vinegar, oil, salt, pepper, sugar and chopped onion and whisk until all ingredients are well combined.
- Pour the dressing over the hot potato slices, stir gently and let it sit at least 1 hour before serving.
NotesThis potato salad is a very popular side dish in Austria. It’s often served with the famous “Wiener Schnitzel” and “Wiener Backhendl” (breaded fried chicken), or any kind of grilled meat and sausages
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Jean’s Recipe File
Get Fit With Good Food!
Mrs. Claus Cooks for Holiday EntertainingSee More
Cancun Grilled Chicken Tacos with Citrus Chile Marinade
Perfect baked potatoSee More