- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 cups potato, peeled, and, sliced, 1/4 inch thick
- 2 cups chicken broth or water
- 1 cup bacon, chopped Good quality bacon from butcher's not packaged.
- 1/2 cup onion, sliced
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1-1/2 tbsp vinegar (could use lemon juice)
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup chopped Italian flat-leaf parsley
- Place the potatoes and stock in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer. Cook until the potatoes are tender but still retain their shape. Drain the liquid, reserving some for later if required.
- While the potatoes are cooking crisp the bacon in a skillet. When it is browned and crunchy pour off and reserve the bacon fat. Reserve the crisp bacon.
- Whisk together until smooth the lemon juice, sugar, Dijon and 4 tablespoons of the warm bacon fat. Toss with the potatoes, onions, crisp bacon and parsley. Add a bit of the reserved chicken broth(water) to moisten if needed. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cover and let rest for two hours at room temperature before serving.
NotesSticking with the Oktoberfest theme tonight. Good warm potato salad when cold just doesn't cut it.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.
Taste of CenturyLink
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.See More
Easy Graham Cracker Ginger Bread House
Pecan Almond MuffinsSee More