- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstorySticking with the Oktoberfest theme tonight. Good warm potato salad when cold just doesn't cut it.
- 4 cups potato, peeled, and, sliced, 1/4 inch thick
- 2 cups chicken broth or water
- 1 cup bacon, chopped Good quality bacon from butcher's not packaged.
- 1/2 cup onion, sliced
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1-1/2 tbsp vinegar (could use lemon juice)
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup chopped Italian flat-leaf parsley
- Place the potatoes and stock in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer. Cook until the potatoes are tender but still retain their shape. Drain the liquid, reserving some for later if required.
- While the potatoes are cooking crisp the bacon in a skillet. When it is browned and crunchy pour off and reserve the bacon fat. Reserve the crisp bacon.
- Whisk together until smooth the lemon juice, sugar, Dijon and 4 tablespoons of the warm bacon fat. Toss with the potatoes, onions, crisp bacon and parsley. Add a bit of the reserved chicken broth(water) to moisten if needed. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cover and let rest for two hours at room temperature before serving.