- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 heaping Tbsp coarse salt
- 2 heaping tsps fennel seed
- 2 tsp pepper corns
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flake
- 8-10 whole cloves
- Fat pinch of celery seed
- A handful each of Italian parsley, rosemary and thyme
- 2 small heads garlic - do not peel
- Stripped zest of 1 orange
- Stripped zest of 1/2 a grapefruit
- Approx. 20 basil leaves
- Approx. 30 mint leaves
- 8 (6�) rosemary sprigs
- 15-18 bay leaves
- 3/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1 - 2 dried hunan chili peppers
- Juice of 1 orange
- Juice of 1/2 grapefruit
- 1 small bottle catsup
- 1 bottle chili sauce
- 1 racks of ribs
- 1 whole chicken, butterflied
- 1 beef brisket
- 6 beautiful round steaks
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a mini processor, pulse first 7 ingredients to coarse consistency.
- Rough chop next 6 ingredients.
- Put both in a large roasting pan.
- Add next 9 ingredients and mix well.
- Add all the meats and rub marinade into each piece of meat.
- Cover and let stand for 30 minutes.
- Drain and reserve marinade.
- Remove steaks and set aside, covered , in the fridge.
- Remove chicken and set aside, covered, in the fridge.
- Put ribs and brisket back in roasting pan - cover tightly.
- Bake 1 hour.
- Add chicken, cover tightly, and bake for another 45 minutes.
- In the meantime, prepare the grill.
- Take pan from oven, put meats on grill.
- Add reserved marinade to pan drippings and heat to reduce slightly.
- Use this to liberally baste all meats. (the rosemary sprigs make an ideal brush)
- Get out the steaks.
- Turn and baste meats often till properly browned.
- Let meats rest 5-8 minutes before cutting .
- While meats rest, cook steaks to desired doneness.
NotesEverything you need for the ultimate BBQ.
Fix with grilled veggies - or a huge salad.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Fun appetizers and snacks
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary Cookbook
Classic Chocolate Recipes ElevatedSee More
Holiday "Butt" Stuffing
Pumpkin Pie With Perfect Pie Crust
Nacho Cheese DipSee More