- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 pounds lean (90%) ground beef
- 3/4 cup quick or old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce, divided
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Combine ground beef, oats, bell pepper, onion, 1/4 cup barbecue sauce, egg, thyme, salt and black pepper in bowl; mix lightly but thoroughly.
- Shape meat mixture into loaf in loaf pan. Insert thermometer into center of meat loaf. Bake 50 minutes.
- Spread remaining 1/4 cup barbecue sauce over meat loaf. Bake an additional 10 minutes or until meat is no longer pink in center of meat loaf and internal temperature reaches 160°F using thermometer. Remove from oven. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
Austin Personal Training Recipes
Delicious Recipes Made EasySee More
Peking Style Smoked Chicken
Quick and Spicy Tomato Soup
Grilled London BroilSee More