- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 pounds lean (90%) ground beef
- 3/4 cup quick or old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce, divided
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Combine ground beef, oats, bell pepper, onion, 1/4 cup barbecue sauce, egg, thyme, salt and black pepper in bowl; mix lightly but thoroughly.
- Shape meat mixture into loaf in loaf pan. Insert thermometer into center of meat loaf. Bake 50 minutes.
- Spread remaining 1/4 cup barbecue sauce over meat loaf. Bake an additional 10 minutes or until meat is no longer pink in center of meat loaf and internal temperature reaches 160°F using thermometer. Remove from oven. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
The Cookbook to Defy Disease and Decay - Your Prescription to an Anti-Inflammatory Life
Classic Chocolate Recipes
Babette's Test KitchenSee More
Grilled Chicken and Orange Skewers with Zucchini Rice
Endive Rhubarb Salad
COTTAGE CHEESE BRUNCH BLINTZESSee More