- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 boxes jiffy corn muffin mix
- 2 eggs
- 4 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 c milk
- 1 c. creamed corn
- 1 c. frozen corn kernels
- Olive oil for the pan
- 1 lb ground chicken or turkey breast
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 med yellow onion, chopped
- 1 small red pepper, chopped
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 ½ tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp hot sauce
- 1 Tbsp worcestshire
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 3 Tbsp brown sugar
- 10 oz shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 – 3 Tbsp chopped flat leaf parsley or cilantro
- Oven 400 degrees.
- Mix together corn muffin mixes, eggs, melted butter and milk. Stir in corn. Drizzle olive oil in pan and spread around with a paper towel. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Brown ground turkey over med-high heat. Once chicken begins to brown, add garlic, onion, bell peppers and season with salt and pepper, chili, cumin and hot sauce. Cook for 5 mins. and add worcestshire, tomato sauce and brown sugar. Stir and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Cover cornbread crust with mixture and then sprinkle with cheese. Cook for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with cilantro and serve.
NotesThis is a Rachel Ray recipe. I modified by adding creamed corn and reducing the milk to make a moister crust. I add sliced olives some times. Delicious!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Growers' Giveback Potluck
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy BlogSee More
Honey and Walnut Wholemeal Bread
Zucchini Bread 2
The Best Potato Salad Ever!See More