- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 boxes jiffy corn muffin mix
- 2 eggs
- 4 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 c milk
- 1 c. creamed corn
- 1 c. frozen corn kernels
- Olive oil for the pan
- 1 lb ground chicken or turkey breast
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 med yellow onion, chopped
- 1 small red pepper, chopped
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 ½ tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp hot sauce
- 1 Tbsp worcestshire
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 3 Tbsp brown sugar
- 10 oz shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 – 3 Tbsp chopped flat leaf parsley or cilantro
- Oven 400 degrees.
- Mix together corn muffin mixes, eggs, melted butter and milk. Stir in corn. Drizzle olive oil in pan and spread around with a paper towel. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Brown ground turkey over med-high heat. Once chicken begins to brown, add garlic, onion, bell peppers and season with salt and pepper, chili, cumin and hot sauce. Cook for 5 mins. and add worcestshire, tomato sauce and brown sugar. Stir and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Cover cornbread crust with mixture and then sprinkle with cheese. Cook for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with cilantro and serve.
NotesThis is a Rachel Ray recipe. I modified by adding creamed corn and reducing the milk to make a moister crust. I add sliced olives some times. Delicious!
St.George YMCA-YWCA Before and After School Cookbook
Easy Homemade Salad Dressings
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)See More
Skinny Mojito for Cinco de Mayo
Spicy New England Style Lobster Roll
Avocado & Swiss Sprouted Wheat PizzaSee More