- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Filling Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup granuled sugar
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 large egg
- Cupcakes Ingredients:
- 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup LAND O LAKES® Butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 4 (1-ounce) squares unsweetened baking chocolate, melted, cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Frosting Ingredients:
- 2 cups LAND O LAKES® Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Chocolate Filigree Hearts (see recipe)
- Heat oven to 350°F. Combine all filling ingredients in small bowl. Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until well mixed. Set aside.
- Combine 1 3/4 cups sugar and butter in large bowl. Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy. Continue beating, adding eggs one at a time, until well mixed. Add water, melted chocolate and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Continue beating until well mixed. (Mixture may look curdled.) Reduce speed to low; add flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Beat until well mixed.
- For each cupcake, spoon 1 rounded tablespoon chocolate mixture into each paper-lined cupcake cup; top with 1 tablespoon cream cheese mixture. Spoon 1 rounded tablespoon chocolate mixture on top.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes. Remove from pans. Cool completely.
- Meanwhile, beat whipping cream and powdered sugar in small bowl at high speed, scraping bowl often, until stiff peaks form. Gently stir in 1/2 teaspoon vanilla.
- Spread about 3 tablespoons frosting onto each cupcake. Garnish with Chocolate Filigree Hearts or as desired. Store refrigerated.
- Makes 2 1/2 dozen cupcakes.
- Tip: Refrigerate frosting for up to 4 days. If mixture softens, rewhip to stiff peaks.
NotesFind a cream cheese surprise filling inside the chocolate cupcake that is frosted with sweetened whipped cream and decorated with a chocolate heart
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.
Cooking with SabraSee More
pistachio cranberry icebox cookies
Teeny Tiny Italian Meat-loaves
Mom's Holiday Stove Top StuffingSee More