- Cooking Time: 60 (in freezer)
- Servings: 10
- Preparation Time: 30
- 6 eggs
- 6 tablespoons spoons of milk (1 spoon for each egg)
- 1 tablespoon of melted butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 350g Dulce de Leche
- 6 tablespoons baking sugar (1 spoon for each egg)
- *the amount of eggs should be equal to the amount of layers you want your cake to be; 6 is good for a cake for about 10 portions
- In a bowl, mix yolks, milk, melted butter, and flour. The dough must be soft but dry enough not to stick to a rolling pin.
- Divide the dough into the amount of discs you will make (ie. 6 eggs = 6 discs)
- Roll out each disc very thing. If you want to make them the same size, you can place a plate upside down on the disc and cut the edges.
- Put each disc in the microwave at max power for about 1 minute on one side and then 30 seconds on the other side. It should be yellowish, dry, and have bubbles.
- After taking the disk from the microwave, spread the dulce de leche immediately, being careful not to break the disk.
- Continue microwaving discs and spreading dulce de leche, placing each disc on top of the other.
- Finally, cover with merengue. For the merengue, place the egg whites in a double boiler and add baking sugar (1 spoon for each egg white, so 6 for this recipe).
- Beat egg white and sugar in the double boilder until firm and stiff peaks form.
- If you like, you can burn the top of the merengue.
- Let cake cool in the fridge.
NotesThis is a freezer cake that is similar to Caramel Crunch Cake. I got it from my former roommate, Beatriz, when I lived in New York. She is from Uruguay.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
St.George YMCA-YWCA Before and After School Cookbook
Healthy Blender Recipes: Vegan Drinks, Shakes & SmoothiesSee More
Roasted Butternut Bisque with Spicy Pumpkin Seeds
Julia's Fudge Puddles (Modified from allrecipes.com)
Seven More SinsSee More