BEA'S TORTA ROGEL
- Cooking Time: 60 (in freezer)
- Servings: 10
- Preparation Time: 30
- 6 eggs
- 6 tablespoons spoons of milk (1 spoon for each egg)
- 1 tablespoon of melted butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 350g Dulce de Leche
- 6 tablespoons baking sugar (1 spoon for each egg)
- *the amount of eggs should be equal to the amount of layers you want your cake to be; 6 is good for a cake for about 10 portions
In a bowl, mix yolks, milk, melted butter, and flour. The dough must be soft but dry enough not to stick to a rolling pin.
Divide the dough into the amount of discs you will make (ie. 6 eggs = 6 discs)
Roll out each disc very thing. If you want to make them the same size, you can place a plate upside down on the disc and cut the edges.
Put each disc in the microwave at max power for about 1 minute on one side and then 30 seconds on the other side. It should be yellowish, dry, and have bubbles.
After taking the disk from the microwave, spread the dulce de leche immediately, being careful not to break the disk.
Continue microwaving discs and spreading dulce de leche, placing each disc on top of the other.
Finally, cover with merengue. For the merengue, place the egg whites in a double boiler and add baking sugar (1 spoon for each egg white, so 6 for this recipe).
Beat egg white and sugar in the double boilder until firm and stiff peaks form.
If you like, you can burn the top of the merengue.
Let cake cool in the fridge.