- Cooking Time: 10 to 15
- Preparation Time:
- 5 fresh jalapeno peppers
- 4 pounds ground beef
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup steak sauce
- 1/4 cup minced white onion
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 pinch dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 cup crushed Fritos® corn chips
- 8 large potato hamburger buns
- 8 slices pepperjack cheese
- Preheat a grill for high heat.
- When the grill is hot, roast the jalapeno peppers until blackened on all sides.
- Place in a plastic bag to sweat and loosen the blackened skin.
- Rub the skin off, then seed if desired, and chop.
- In a large bowl, use your hands to mix together the ground beef, salt, pepper, egg, steak sauce, onion, hot pepper sauce, oregano, Worcestershire sauce, garlic salt and Fritos®.
- Divide into 8 balls, and flatten into patties.
- Grill patties for 10 to 15 minutes, turning once, or until well done.
NotesNOTES on Grilling:
I always drink one beer, then flip, drink another beer, then remove from the grill and place on buns. Top each one with a slice of pepperjack cheese and pig out!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy Blog
Camp Nubar Baking Class
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite RecipesSee More
Picnic Chicken SaladSee More