- Cooking Time: 10 to 15
- Preparation Time:
- 5 fresh jalapeno peppers
- 4 pounds ground beef
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup steak sauce
- 1/4 cup minced white onion
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 pinch dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 cup crushed Fritos® corn chips
- 8 large potato hamburger buns
- 8 slices pepperjack cheese
- Preheat a grill for high heat.
- When the grill is hot, roast the jalapeno peppers until blackened on all sides.
- Place in a plastic bag to sweat and loosen the blackened skin.
- Rub the skin off, then seed if desired, and chop.
- In a large bowl, use your hands to mix together the ground beef, salt, pepper, egg, steak sauce, onion, hot pepper sauce, oregano, Worcestershire sauce, garlic salt and Fritos®.
- Divide into 8 balls, and flatten into patties.
- Grill patties for 10 to 15 minutes, turning once, or until well done.
NotesNOTES on Grilling:
I always drink one beer, then flip, drink another beer, then remove from the grill and place on buns. Top each one with a slice of pepperjack cheese and pig out!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. Welch
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!
The Italian ExchangeSee More
Grandma Helen's Amazing Kolaches
Lemon Cucumber Tofu Salad
POTATO FRITTERSSee More