- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryI like this recipe because the only things the cooker needs to add are water and stewed tomatoes.
- ½ c dried kidney beans
- ½ cup dried black eyed peas
- ½ c. dried black beans
- ½ c. dried red beans
- ½ c. dried split peas
- ½ c. dried Great Northern beans
- ½ c. dried kidney beans
- ½ c. dried lima beans
- 3 T. chicken bouillon
- 1 T. dried minced onion
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ t. garlic powder
- 1 T. dried parsley flakes
- 1t. celery seeds
- ¼ c. brown sugar, packed
- Layer ½ cup of each type of bean in a one quart wide mouth jar.
- In a plastic zip lock bag, blend together the seasonings.
- Attach the following instructions:
- Add beans to a large stockpot, cover with hot water and let soak overnight.
- Drain and add 2 quarts of water.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, covered, one to two hours or until beans are almost tender.
- Stir in two 14.5 oz cans of stewed tomatoes and seasoning mix. Simmer uncovered, 1.5 hours or until beans are tender.
- Makes about 12 cups of soup.