- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- ½ c dried kidney beans
- ½ cup dried black eyed peas
- ½ c. dried black beans
- ½ c. dried red beans
- ½ c. dried split peas
- ½ c. dried Great Northern beans
- ½ c. dried kidney beans
- ½ c. dried lima beans
- 3 T. chicken bouillon
- 1 T. dried minced onion
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ t. garlic powder
- 1 T. dried parsley flakes
- 1t. celery seeds
- ¼ c. brown sugar, packed
- Layer ½ cup of each type of bean in a one quart wide mouth jar.
- In a plastic zip lock bag, blend together the seasonings.
- Attach the following instructions:
- Add beans to a large stockpot, cover with hot water and let soak overnight.
- Drain and add 2 quarts of water.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, covered, one to two hours or until beans are almost tender.
- Stir in two 14.5 oz cans of stewed tomatoes and seasoning mix. Simmer uncovered, 1.5 hours or until beans are tender.
- Makes about 12 cups of soup.
NotesI like this recipe because the only things the cooker needs to add are water and stewed tomatoes.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and CakesSee More
Salmon & Spinach Pesto Pasta
Antipasto for Kids (Gluten-Free)See More