- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups navy beans
- 3/4 lb ham, diced small
- 3 small to medium carrots, minced
- 1 onion, minced
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 2 to 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (4 ounce) can tomato paste
- 6 to 8 cups water, beef or ham stock
- 1 Tbsp wine vinegar
- Few drops liquid smoke
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Soak beans overnight and discard water. Place all ingredients except wine vinegar, salt and pepper in a large kettle. Simmer until beans are tender (about 3 hours).
- Puree 1 to 2 cups of soup and return to pot. Add wine vinegar and liquid smoke, mix well. Salt and pepper to taste. Serve with hot cornbread and honey.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Amsterdam Friends Cookbook
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"
Babette's Test KitchenSee More
Curried Eggplant with Coconut Milk
Cube Steaks Paprika
Crockpot Rice Pork ChopsSee More