- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 t. canola oil
- 1/2 green pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 medium white onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 link turkey kielbasa, thinly sliced into rounds (I use healthy choice, 2 links to a package)
- 3 C Chicken broth
- 1 15 oz can Black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15 oz can Chili spiced diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup roasted red tomato salsa
- Cilantro, Basil, squirt of lime, and/or Parmesan cheese for toppers
- Sautee pepper, onion, garlic, and kielbasa in stock pot with oil until onions are translucent. Add stock, canned tomatoes with their juice, beans, and salsa. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to simmer until ready to serve.
- I used globe basil one night with this and Thai Basil another. The Thai goes better as it has more of a spice/kick to it. Cilantro would go well too.
NotesThis recipe is adapted from a WW 5 ingredient cookbook. I added several more ingredients, including the can of tomatoes to give it more substance. The secret ingredient that makes it so good is the ROASTED salsa. Make sure the salsa you are using has the black burned bits in it. Down here in TX we can get more than just PACE at the store. Look for Arriba! brand. They make the best red salsa. Makes 4 generous servings