BEANIE WEENIE SOUP
Beanie Weenie Soup
- 1 t. canola oil
- 1/2 green pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 medium white onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 link turkey kielbasa, thinly sliced into rounds (I use healthy choice, 2 links to a package)
- 3 C Chicken broth
- 1 15 oz can Black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15 oz can Chili spiced diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup roasted red tomato salsa
- Cilantro, Basil, squirt of lime, and/or Parmesan cheese for toppers
Sautee pepper, onion, garlic, and kielbasa in stock pot with oil until onions are translucent. Add stock, canned tomatoes with their juice, beans, and salsa. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to simmer until ready to serve.
I used globe basil one night with this and Thai Basil another. The Thai goes better as it has more of a spice/kick to it. Cilantro would go well too.